CAI mod...let er breathe - Page 3 - Great PlainZ Modern Mopars
Great PlainZ Modern Mopars  

Go Back   Great PlainZ Modern Mopars > MOPAR CLUB - MOD ZONE > MOPAR How To?
Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 01:11 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Challenger
Chapter: Springfield, MO

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my ex when I bought a 442 W30:

Her: It looks nice, but it doesn't have anything on it.
Me: What do you mean? It has rallye wheels, bucket seats, console, wood steering wheel, vinyl top, and power steering.
Her: Yeah, but it doesn't have any goodies.
Me: Sure it does. It's got a 455, 4-speed, and 3.91 posi. What else do you need?
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2010, 01:54 AM

Vehicle: '07 Charger R/T
Chapter: Little Rock, AR
Send a message via Yahoo to bill440cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW View Post
Reminds me of a conversation I had with my ex when I bought a 442 W30:

Her: It looks nice, but it doesn't have anything on it.
Me: What do you mean? It has rallye wheels, bucket seats, console, wood steering wheel, vinyl top, and power steering.
Her: Yeah, but it doesn't have any goodies.
Me: Sure it does. It's got a 455, 4-speed, and 3.91 posi. What else do you need?

Ha! Ha! I hear ya. Like the GTX has the 440 Super Commando (warmed up a tad), 4sp 83/4 rear w/positraction ans 3.55 gears, Magnum 500 repo wheels (8" front & 10" rear), bucket seats, non-console car, Grant steering wheel, headers, flowmasters, aluminum radiator (w/ a 16" electric cooling fan), zoom clutch and NO power steering, No power brakes or A/C!

The INDIAN R/T Is In The Area!!!
[SIZE="3"][/bSIZE]Don't Forget To Show Your Support To The GPMM And Your Local Chapter! They Deserve It!
My Charger and I have something in common, we are BOTH getting alot of mileage!!!!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2010, 04:42 PM

Vehicle: Avenger R/T
Chapter: Kansas City, MO

I made a CAI for my Avenger with similar routing using Spectre stuff, but I used piping to route the filter to the bottom of the car instead of the hose. The more I think about it the more I want to modfity my CAI and go the hose route to keep my filter out of the water and dirt.

Why no oiled filter? Just concerned that it doesn't do as good of a job as a dry filter?

2008 Avenger R/T AWD - Spectre Ram Air Intake, 71mm Throttle Body, Thrush Mufflers, Zex Nitrous Kit, Summit RPM Window Switch, NGK Iridium Plugs, 180* Thermostat, Oil Catch Can, Spectre Braided Hoses, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT, Billet Oil Cap & Dipstick, Billet Shifter, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Custom Gauge Pod, Glowshift Wideband AFR, ASA AR7 Wheels, CM Springs, Front & Rear Strut Tower Brace, 35% Tint
Old 06-14-2010, 04:16 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Challenger
Chapter: Springfield, MO

If you read the specs on K&N's website, you'll see that their filters do not filter as well. No wonder they can advertise more flow. I'll give up some flow for cleaner air. Plus, they're a hassle. And I had an engine builder tell me one time to never use a K&N filter. He spent 10 minutes bashing them. Also, a friend of mine is a top-notch mechanic, and he advises not to use oiled filters. To each his own, but that's too much evidence against them for me.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:02 PM

Vehicle: Avenger R/T
Chapter: Kansas City, MO

Well I'm not necessarily promoting them, even though I have an oiled filter at the moment. Just curious as to what your reasoning was is all.

I saw a dry type filter with an interesting design at the auto parts store the other day and I'm debating on switching over to it just because I think the design of the filter would be effective with my CAI setup. If the concensus is that a dry type filter is better than an oiled filer than it just gives me another reason to buy it.
2008 Avenger R/T AWD - Spectre Ram Air Intake, 71mm Throttle Body, Thrush Mufflers, Zex Nitrous Kit, Summit RPM Window Switch, NGK Iridium Plugs, 180* Thermostat, Oil Catch Can, Spectre Braided Hoses, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT, Billet Oil Cap & Dipstick, Billet Shifter, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Custom Gauge Pod, Glowshift Wideband AFR, ASA AR7 Wheels, CM Springs, Front & Rear Strut Tower Brace, 35% Tint
Old 08-01-2011, 01:40 AM

Vehicle: Challenger R/T class
Chapter: Oklahoma City, OK

so will just bolting one on give you any hp/tq? i was sure you would need a tune to get anything out of a cai, you could even be hurting the hp/tq without tuning?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Great PlainZ Modern Mopars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle?
What Mopar vehicle do you own?
Chapter Affiliation?
Which Chapter do you belong to? Select from the list!
Why do you want to join GPMM?
Please give us the reason you would like to join our club. This information will be reviewed, and verified with the person who referred you. Then your membership will be approved. If it can not be verified, your account will be deleted. Do not forget to enter the member name of the person who referred you to DSM below!
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.